Tuesday, September 2, 2008

15 weeks and counting.....

Well, as of yesterday I am 15 weeks. Only 25 more to go. I havent posted a blog in a while so here are the updates. About two weeks ago I got really sick and started throwing up really bad. It kind of worried me since I hadnt had the slightest bit of morning sickness until that week. Which by the way was week 13. The doctor didnt seem overly concerned, but scheduled me for an ultrasound and some blood work for my gall bladder. Good news was everything is OK! I also got to see little baby Mowery during that ultrasound. No more peanut. She/He actually looks like a little baby. She was moving around and rubbing her face with her little hand. There were all 5 fingers!!!! At least on one hand. I have gained a total of 6 pounds but feel like its been 60!! I have had some horrible migraines which the doctor prescribed me something for about 2 weeks ago. They are less frequent but when they come, it is like I can't think or focus. I just want to sleep. I have also had some pretty intense back pain which the doctor said is sciatic nerve pain and will only get worse. GREAT!!
My next appointment is on Monday, Sept 8 and don't really know what to expect at this appointment. I am going to see if we can do a 18 week ultrasound or if we are going to have to wait until 20 weeks. I am so excited to find out the sex of the baby. We have finalized the girls name as Kamdyn Alysse, but are still undecided on boy names. It will be something with Alexander in it. Tony is supposed to be coming up with this name. I have total VETO power though. HAHA.
We have also been spending time trying to name grandma. I think that baby will call her whatever he/she wants. I don't think mom is going to care regardless. I think we will call my nana, GG, for great grandmother. Again, I'm sure whatever baby says will stick.
This weekend I thought I started to feel the baby move. It was only slightly and just a couple of times. Who knows, it could have been gas bubbles, but I think it was baby. Everything I read says I should start feeling it probably around next week. I am really looking foward to it since I don't really feel pregnant right now. I mean, i just look fat, not really pregnant and don't really feel any different except for the frequent bathroom visits and the moodiness. Oh well... it will come in time.
I guess that is pretty much it for now. I will try to update more frequently.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well with the baby!